**Effective 01/23/21, healthcare workers, others in Phase 1A (all Tiers), and those aged 65 and older may visit County vaccination sites, including the Petco Park Super Station. Doctors, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers may administer vaccinations to those 65 and older, if they have doses available.**
COVID-19 Vaccination Locations
The County is working to establish multiple vaccination sites and is partnering with other healthcare facilities to complete COVID-19 vaccinations.
As additional sites are activated, details will be provided on the County website, Coronavirus-SD.com. Please continue to check there for new listings, and in the event that appointments are not available, please check back at that website.
If you have any questions, please email the County at email@example.com. We understand that there is an auto reply message that says they will get back to you in 3-4 days.
Scheduling Your Second Vaccination Appointment
Depending on where you received your first vaccine dose, how you schedule your second dose may differ. You may also find this information through the Vaccination Sites by Locations map or Vaccination Sites by Day list when you select a location.
For all Sharp related scheduling: 1-800-82-SHARP
Call for any appointments: 2-1-1 San Diego
Email the county: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit: the county’s vaccination website
Additional Healthcare District/Public Library Hours and Information
- The Herrick Community Health Care Library is offering Curbside Pickup services as of June 30, 2020. Its physical library closed starting March 17, 2020, to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus, COVID-19, in response to recent guidelines by local, state and federal health agencies. Although our physical library remains closed until further notice, patrons may learn about Curbside Pickup or reach out to Library staff by email and phone (619.825.5010) with any health information questions or referral needs. You may also visit www.herricklibrary.org/elibrary for information on how you may access digital materials from our collection.
- All monthly Board of Director meetings for the Grossmont Healthcare District will be held by teleconference, to continue to allow public participation.
- For public meetings and groups scheduled to use the GHD Conference Center, we are encouraging user groups to cancel their meetings, but may opt to cancel any such meetings on our own. This is based on California Department of Public Health recommendations regarding smaller groups: “Smaller gatherings held in venues that do not allow social distancing of six feet per person should be postponed or canceled. This includes gatherings in crowded auditoriums, rooms, or other venues.”
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital is closely monitoring the evolving situation and continues to provide medical services. For information on visitor restrictions and other important updates, please visit Sharp.com.Thank you for your continued stewardship in our community, and feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns at email@example.com or 619.825.5050.
What You Can Do
Many people are wondering how they can support their neighbors, health care workers, and other essential service workers during this time. Check back below in the coming days for additional ways you can support the community during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Donate medical supplies to Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Donate medical supplies to Family Health Centers of San Diego
- Donate blood at the San Diego Blood Bank (by appointment only)
- Donate food to San Diego Food Bank or Feeding San Diego (virtual food drives available)
- Support fellow San Diegans through the San Diego Foundation COVID-19 Community Response Fund
- Donate to the United Way of San Diego County Worker Assistance Initiative
- Volunteer your time and talents at an organization listing opportunities on Californians For All volunteer portal.
Grossmont Healthcare District COVID Relief Assistance Updates
East County Magazine Local COVID Resources Center for the public – sponsored by the Grossmont Healthcare District
Grossmont Healthcare District Board Approves Emergency COVID-19 Relief Funding for Area Clinics and Front-Line Hospital Caregivers
Organizations that believe they may be eligible per guidelines in the news release linked above should contact the District.
Additional COVID Relief Resources by Sector
Below are quick links to resources related to the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act for various community sectors.
- For Healthcare Providers: Federal Communications Commission (FCC) COVID-19 Telehealth Program
- For Nonprofits:National Council of Nonprofits CARES Act Analysis
- For Local Businesses:San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce Business Updates (additional information is also available on East County Chamber of Commerce website for employers, employees, and consumers)For additional support resources organized by sector, visit the Community Sector Support page on coronavirus-sd.com (County of San Diego).
State and National Coronavirus Information
See links below for additional information about COVID-19 cases, public closures, and emergency response announcements.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Public Information
- California State Public Health Department Public Information Testing See links below for additional information about COVID-19 testing guidelines and priority populations as of May 2020.
- 2-1-1 San Diego
- County of San Diego Testing Sites and Guidelines (tests at all locations are free, but an appointment needs to be made by calling 2-1-1)
- California State Public Health Department Updated Testing Guidelines as of May 1, 2020 Safe Reopening Plan for San Diego County Businesses See link below to access the County of San Diego’s Safe Reopening Plan Checklist for businesses to review what measures are being taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 as health orders are being gradually relaxed.
- County of San Diego Safe Reopening Plan Template
For up-to-date legislative news and updates, review the Association of California Healthcare Districts COVID news page. Below are preliminary executive orders and other COVID-related legislative updates from the Governor’s Office.