Grossmont Healthcare District selects five behavioral health awardees pursuing education in a post-baccalaureate program for the Behavioral Health Scholarship in the amount of $15,000 (examples of eligible degrees are listed below).
Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply and applicants are only allowed to apply to one of the four health scholarships listed on the main scholarships page.
- One of the following must apply for eligibility:
-Are a current resident of the Grossmont Healthcare District (and have been so for a minimum of one year)
-Have worked within the District boundaries (at least 2 years)
-OR have previously graduated from a high school within the Grossmont Healthcare District
Proof of ID is required to confirm eligibility. Click here to check if you live, work, or attended school within the District boundaries.
- Must provide evidence of acceptance or registration in a post-baccalaureate program (see example degrees below). Please contact us if your degree or field is not listed.
- Must provide your Faculty Advisor’s name, phone, and email.
- Must provide no more than two letters of recommendation from academic or professional references in healthcare settings.
- Must include an essay titled “Where do you see yourself and your profession in five years.” (no more than 1000 words)
Note: All of the above must be met or the application will not be eligible for review. This award is for individuals who are advancing their career in behavioral health as follows:
Example Behavioral Health Degrees
This is not a complete list, but an example of those that qualify:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- Master’s Degree (M.S. or M.A.) in a behavioral health-related field (psychology, counseling psychology, marriage and family therapy, clinical social work, etc).
- Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in the field of psychology
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in nursing with a specialized focus on psychiatry
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
Winners will be selected and voted upon at the regular monthly meeting of the Board of Directors. Once selected, they will be contacted and invited to attend an awards ceremony at the Friday, May 17th, 2024 at 7:30 AM Board Meeting. Awardees will receive their certificates and have their photos taken with the Board. We suggest arriving at 7:15 AM to check in. Click here to complete a photo release waiver.