Grossmont Healthcare District will award five scholarships for the Behavioral Health Scholarship in the amount of $5,000, to be awarded to behavioral health professionals pursuing education in a post-baccalaureate program (examples of eligible degrees are listed below). (Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply and applicants are only allowed to apply to one of the four health scholarships listed on the main scholarships page).
- One of the following must apply for eligibility:
-Must be a current District resident (at least 1 year)
-Current District employee (at least 2 years)
-OR have previously graduated from a high school within the Grossmont Healthcare District
Proof of ID is required to confirm eligibility. Click here to check if you live, work, or attended school within the District boundaries.
- Must provide evidence of acceptance or registration in a post-baccalaureate program (see example degrees below). Please contact us if your degree or field is not listed.
- Must provide your Faculty Advisor’s name, phone, and email.
- Must provide no more than two letters of recommendation from academic or professional references in healthcare settings.
- Must include an essay titled “Provide recommendations on the improvements you would make to better support behavioral health patients in the community and where you see yourself in five years.” (no more than 500 words)
Note: All of the above must be met or the application will not be eligible for review. This award is for individuals who are advancing their career in behavioral health as follows:
Examples of Eligible Degrees
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- Master’s Degree (M.S. or M.A.) in a behavioral health-related field (psychology, counseling psychology, marriage or family therapy, etc).
- Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in the field of psychology
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in nursing with a specialized focus on psychiatry
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
*Please contact us if your degree or field is not listed above.
Applications open: Thursday, December 1st, 2022
*Deadline extended: Due to low submissions, we are extending the deadline until end of day February 17th, 2023*
Committee Review: March 2023
Decision Date: April 21st, 2023 Board Meeting
Winners will be notified shortly after and be asked to attend an awards ceremony held at the Board Meeting on Friday, May 19th, 2023.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.