Grossmont Healthcare District awards FIVE behavioral health candidates pursuing higher education in a post-baccalaureate program with the Behavioral Health Scholarship in the amount of $15,000 (examples of eligible degrees are listed below).
Friday, December 1, 2023 – Friday, February 2, 2024
Applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship if at least one of the following apply:
- You are a current resident of the Grossmont Healthcare District (and have been so for a minimum of one year)
- You have worked within the District boundaries (for at least two years)
- OR you have previously graduated from a high school within the Grossmont Healthcare District
Previous recipients of the Behavioral Health scholarship are not eligible to reapply.
The following documentation will be requested in the form below:
- Proof of acceptance/registration in a post-baccalaureate behavioral health program (see example degrees below). Please contact us at email@example.com if your degree or field is not listed to confirm eligibility.
- Faculty Advisor’s name, phone, and email.
- Letter of recommendation from academic OR professional references in healthcare settings.
- An essay (no more than 1000 words) titled “Where do you see yourself and your profession in five years.”
Note: All of the above must be met or the application will not be eligible for review.
Example Behavioral Health Degrees
This is not a complete list, but an example of those that qualify:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- Master’s Degree (M.S. or M.A.) in a behavioral health-related field (psychology, counseling psychology, marriage and family therapy, clinical social work, etc).
- Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in the field of psychology
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in nursing with a specialized focus on psychiatry
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
Winners will be selected and voted upon at the regular monthly Board of Directors meeting in either late February or early March. Winners will be contacted shortly thereafter and invited to attend the awards ceremony.
The following proof of eligibility documentation will be requested via email if selected for the scholarship (types of acceptable documents will be outlined in the email and are listed on Page 4 of the FY 23-24 Scholarship Policy):
- Proof of ID
- Document of District resident/employee/high school attendance history (e.g. utility bill, student loan statement, recent paystub with employer’s address, high school diploma, etc.)
Awards Ceremony Info
Nominees will be asked to participate in a public ceremony, held on a date and time to be announced (in April or May 2024), where they will receive their certificates, award, and have their photos taken with the Board. Photo waivers will need to be completed by the students prior to the ceremony. Click here to complete a photo release waiver. Once executed, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all awardees to attend.
Please direct any and all questions regarding this scholarship to email@example.com.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.