Grossmont Healthcare District will award five scholarships for the Behavioral Health Scholarship in the amount of $10,000, to be awarded to students in a post-baccalaureate program (eligible degrees listed below). (Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply.)
- Must be Must be a current resident or currently employed within the Grossmont Healthcare District (and have been so for a minimum of one year); OR must have graduated from a high school within the GHD. (ID/utility bill, letter from employer, or name of high school must be provided.)
- Must provide evidence of acceptance or registration in a post-baccalaureate program (see eligible degrees below). Please contact us if your degree or field is not listed. Please also provide Faculty Advisor name, phone and email.
- Must provide no more than two letters of recommendation from academic or professional references in healthcare settings.
- A completed cover page must accompany your submission – unless submitted online (cover page found here).
Note: All of the above must be met or application will not be eligible for review. This award is for individuals who are advancing their career in behavioral health by pursuing a graduate degree, as follows:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- Master’s Degree (M.S. or M.A.) in a behavioral health-related field (psychology, counseling psychology, marriage or family therapy, etc).
- Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in a field of psychology
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in nursing with specialized focus on psychiatry
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
*Please contact us if your degree or field is not listed above.
The 2021-2022 application period is now closed. A ceremony for the scholarship winners will be held on the May 20 Board Meeting.