Grossmont Healthcare District will award five scholarships for the Behavioral Health Scholarship in the amount of $5,000, to be awarded to students in a post-baccalaureate program (examples of eligible degrees are listed below). (Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply and applicants are only allowed to apply to one of the four health scholarships listed).
- Must be a current resident (at least 1 year); current employee (at least 2 years); OR have previously graduated from a high school within the Grossmont Healthcare District. Proof of ID & eligibility is required. Click here to check your resident status.
- Must provide evidence of acceptance or registration in a post-baccalaureate program (see example degrees below). Please contact us if your degree or field is not listed.
- Must provide your Faculty Advisor’s name, phone, and email.
- Must provide no more than two letters of recommendation from academic or professional references in healthcare settings.
- Must include an essay titled “Provide recommendations on the improvements you would make to better support behavioral health patients in the community and where do you see yourself in five years.” (no more than 500 words)
Note: All of the above must be met or the application will not be eligible for review. This award is for individuals who are advancing their career in behavioral health by pursuing a graduate degree, as follows:
Examples of Eligible Degrees
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- Master’s Degree (M.S. or M.A.) in a behavioral health-related field (psychology, counseling psychology, marriage or family therapy, etc).
- Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in the field of psychology
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in nursing with a specialized focus on psychiatry
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
*Please contact us if your degree or field is not listed above.
Applications open: Thursday, December 1st, 2022
Deadline to submit: Friday, February 3rd, 2023
Committee Review: March 2023
Decision Date: April 21st, 2023 Board Meeting
Winners will be notified shortly after and be asked to attend an awards ceremony held at the Board Meeting on Friday, May 19th, 2023.