The Grossmont Healthcare District will award FIVE Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) candidates looking to advance to a higher level of education of clinical practice with the Advanced Practice Clinician Scholarship in the amount of $15,000.
Friday, December 1, 2023 – Friday, February 2, 2024
New applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship if at least one of the following apply:
- You are a current resident of the Grossmont Healthcare District (and have been so for a minimum of one year)
- You are a current employee who works for an organization within the District’s boundaries (for at least two years)
- OR you have previously graduated from a high school within the Grossmont Healthcare District
Previous recipients of the Advanced Practice Clinician Scholarship are not eligible to reapply.
If the above criteria apply, the following documentation is requested fill out the online application form below.
- Proof of acceptance/class registration in an accredited NP or PA program.
- Faculty Advisor’s name, phone, AND email
- For applicants in an NP program, provide evidence of a valid Registered Nursing license.
- One letter of recommendation from a current or prior NP or PA course instructor.
- An essay (no more than 1000 words) titled “How does the Advanced Practice Clinician profession affect the advancement of healthcare delivery services and where do you see yourself in five years.”
Note: This scholarship is intended for students in accredited NP/PA programs. All of the above must be met or the application will not be eligible for review.
Winners will be selected and voted upon at the regular monthly Board of Directors meeting in either late February or early March. Winners will be contacted shortly thereafter and invited to attend the awards ceremony.
The following proof of eligibility documentation will be requested via email if selected for the scholarship (types of acceptable documents will be outlined in the email and are listed on Page 4 of the FY 23-24 Scholarship Policy):
- Proof of ID
- Document of District resident/employee/high school attendance history (e.g. utility bill, student loan statement, recent paystub with employer’s address, high school diploma, etc.)
Awards Ceremony Info
Nominees will be asked to participate in a public ceremony, held on a date and time to be announced (in April or May 2024), where they will receive their certificates, award, and have their photos taken with the Board. Photo waivers will need to be completed by the students prior to the ceremony. Click here to complete a photo release waiver. Once executed, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all awardees to attend.
Please direct any and all questions regarding this scholarship to email@example.com.