Grossmont Healthcare District will award five scholarships for the Advanced Practice Clinician Scholarship in the amount of $5,000, to be awarded to Registered Nurses (RN) or Physician Assistant (PA) candidates who have been accepted into NP or PA programs. (Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply and applicants are only allowed to apply to one of the four health scholarships listed).
1. Must be a current resident (at least 1 year); current employee (at least 2 years); OR have previously graduated from a high school within the Grossmont Healthcare District. Proof of ID & eligibility is required. Click here to check your resident status.
2. Must provide evidence of acceptance or registration to an accredited NP or PA program.
3. Must provide your Faculty Advisor’s name, phone, and email.
4. Must provide a letter of recommendation from a NP or PA course instructor.
5. Must include an essay titled “How does the Advance Practice Clinician profession affect the advancement of healthcare delivery services and where do you see yourself in five years.” (no more than 500 words)
6. For nurses, must provide evidence of a valid Registered Nursing license and provide proof of completion of one successful year in a registered nursing program.
Note: All of the above must be met or the application will not be eligible for review.
Applications open: Thursday, December 1st, 2022
Deadline to submit: Friday, February 3rd, 2023
Committee Review: March 2023
Decision Date: April 21st, 2023 Board Meeting
Winners will be notified shortly after and be asked to attend an awards ceremony held at the Board Meeting on Friday, May 19th, 2023.