Grossmont Healthcare District awards five Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) candidates who have been accepted into NP or PA programs with the Advanced Practice Clinician Scholarship in the amount of $5,000.
Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply and applicants are only allowed to apply to one of the four health scholarships listed on the main scholarships page.
Winners have been selected and are invited to attend an awards ceremony during the Board of Directors meeting held on Friday, May 19th, 2023 at 7:30 AM. Awardees will receive their certificates and have their photos taken with the Board. We suggest arriving at 7:15 AM to check in. Click here to complete a photo release waiver.
1. One of the following must apply for eligibility:
-Must be a current District resident (at least 1 year)
-Current District employee (at least 2 years)
-OR have previously graduated from a high school within the Grossmont Healthcare District
Proof of ID is required to confirm eligibility. Click here to check if you live, work, or attended school within the District boundaries.
2. Must provide evidence of acceptance to an accredited NP or PA program.
3. Must provide your Faculty Advisor’s name, phone, and email.
4. Must provide a letter of recommendation from an NP or PA course instructor.
5. Must include an essay titled “How does the Advance Practice Clinician profession affect the advancement of healthcare delivery services and where do you see yourself in five years.” (no more than 500 words)
6. For nurses, must provide evidence of a valid Registered Nursing license and provide proof of completion of one successful year in a registered nursing program.
Note: All of the above must be met or the application will not be eligible for review.