Grossmont Healthcare District will award five scholarships for the Health Tech Scholarship in the amount of $5,000, to be awarded to students in a healthcare-related technical program (examples of eligible occupations are listed below). (Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply and applicants are only allowed to apply to one of the four health scholarships listed on the main scholarships page).
- One of the following must apply for eligibility:
-Must be a current District resident (at least 1 year)
-Current District employee (at least 2 years)
-OR have previously graduated from a high school within the Grossmont Healthcare District
Proof of ID is required to confirm eligibility. Click here to check if you live, work, or attended school within the District boundaries.
- Must provide proof of registration in current school and health tech course of instruction. (See eligible occupations below). Please contact us if your field is not listed.
- Must provide your Faculty Advisor’s name, phone, and email.
- Must include an essay titled “My Career: Where I Will Be Five Years From Now?” (no more than 500 words)
- Must include a letter of recommendation from a current instructor.
Note: All of the above must be met or the application will not be eligible for review.
This is not a complete list, but an example of those that qualify:
- Anesthesiology Tech
- Cardiovascular Tech
- Radiology Tech
- Laboratory Tech
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Orthopedic Tech
- Pathology Tech
- Pharmacy Tech
- Respiratory Therapist
- Speech Therapy
- Telemetry/EKG Tech
Applications open: Thursday, December 1st, 2022
*Deadline extended: Due to low submissions, we are extending the deadline until end of day February 17th, 2023*
Committee Review: March 2023
Decision Date: April 21st, 2023 Board Meeting
Winners will be notified shortly after and be asked to attend an awards ceremony held at the Board Meeting on Friday, May 19th, 2023.