Grossmont Healthcare District awards five candidates in a healthcare-related technical program with the Health Tech Scholarship in the amount of $5,000 (examples of eligible occupations are listed below).
Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply and applicants are only allowed to apply to one of the four health scholarships listed on the main scholarships page.
Winners have been selected and are invited to attend an awards ceremony during the Board of Directors meeting held on Friday, May 19th, 2023 at 7:30 AM. Awardees will receive their certificates and have their photos taken with the Board. We suggest arriving at 7:15 AM to check in. Click here to complete a photo release waiver.
- One of the following must apply for eligibility:
-Must be a current District resident (at least 1 year)
-Current District employee (at least 2 years)
-OR have previously graduated from a high school within the Grossmont Healthcare District
Proof of ID is required to confirm eligibility. Click here to check if you live, work, or attended school within the District boundaries.
- Must provide proof of registration in current school and health tech course of instruction. (See eligible occupations below). Please contact us if your field is not listed.
- Must provide your Faculty Advisor’s name, phone, and email.
- Must include an essay titled “My Career: Where I Will Be Five Years From Now?” (no more than 500 words)
- Must include a letter of recommendation from a current instructor.
Note: All of the above must be met or the application will not be eligible for review.
This is not a complete list, but an example of those that qualify:
- Anesthesiology Tech
- Cardiovascular Tech
- Radiology Tech
- Laboratory Tech
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Orthopedic Tech
- Pathology Tech
- Pharmacy Tech
- Respiratory Therapist
- Speech Therapy
- Telemetry/EKG Tech