The Grossmont Healthcare District awards 10 candidates in a healthcare-related technical program with the Health Tech Scholarship, 5 in the amount of $5,000 (1st place) and 5 in the amount of $3,000 (2nd place) (examples of eligible occupations are listed below).
Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply and applicants are only allowed to apply to one of the four health scholarships listed on the main scholarships page.
- One of the following must apply for eligibility:
-Must be a current resident of the Grossmont Healthcare District (and have been so for a minimum of one year)
-Have worked within the District boundaries (at least 2 years)
-OR have previously graduated from a high school within the Grossmont Healthcare District
Proof of ID is required to confirm eligibility. Click here to check if you live, work, or attended school within the District boundaries.
- Must provide proof of registration in current school and health tech course of instruction. (See eligible occupations below). Please contact us if your field is not listed.
- Must provide your Faculty Advisor’s name, phone, and email.
- Must include an essay titled “My Career: Where I Will Be Five Years From Now?” (no more than 500 words)
- Must include a letter of recommendation from a current instructor, employer, or health professional.
Note: All of the above must be met or the application will not be eligible for review.
This is not a complete list, but an example of those that qualify:
- Anesthesiology Tech
- Cardiovascular Tech
- Radiology Tech
- Laboratory Tech
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Orthopedic Tech
- Pathology Tech
- Pharmacy Tech
- Respiratory Therapist
- Speech Therapy
- Telemetry/EKG Tech
Winners will be selected and voted upon at the regular monthly meeting of the Board of Directors. Once selected, they will be contacted and invited to attend an awards ceremony at the Friday, May 17th, 2024 at 7:30 AM Board Meeting. Awardees will receive their certificates and have their photos taken with the Board. We suggest arriving at 7:15 AM to check-in. Click here to complete a photo release waiver.