The Grossmont Healthcare District awards TEN candidates in a related health care technician program with the Health Tech Scholarship, 5 in the amount of $5,000 (1st place) and 5 in the amount of $3,000 (2nd place) (examples of eligible programs are listed below).
Friday, December 1, 2023 – Friday, February 2, 2024
New applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship if at least one of the following apply:
- You are a current resident of the Grossmont Healthcare District (and have been so for a minimum of one year)
- You are a current employee who works for an organization within the District’s boundaries (for at least two years)
- OR you have previously graduated from a high school within the Grossmont Healthcare District
Previous recipients of the Health Tech scholarship are not eligible to reapply.
The following documentation will be requested in the form below:
- Proof of acceptance/registration in an accredited school AND health tech program. (See eligible programs below). Please contact us at email@example.com if your field is not listed to check for eligibility.
- Faculty Advisor’s name, phone, AND email.
- An essay (no more than 500 words) titled “My Career: Where I Will Be Five Years From Now?”
- One letter of recommendation from a current academic instructor, employer, or health professional.
Note: All of the above must be met or the application will not be eligible for review.
This is not a complete list, but an example of programs that qualify:
- Anesthesia Technician
- Cardiovascular Technician
- Histologic Technician
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Orthopedic Technician
- Pathology Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Radiologic Technician
- Respiratory Therapy
- Sonography/Ultrasound Technician
- Speech Therapy
- Telemetry/EKG Technician
Winners will be selected and voted upon at the regular monthly Board of Directors meeting in either late February or early March. Winners will be contacted shortly thereafter and invited to attend the awards ceremony.
The following proof of eligibility documentation will be requested via email if selected for the scholarship (types of acceptable documents will be outlined in the email and are listed on Page 4 of the FY 23-24 Scholarship Policy):
- Proof of ID
- Document of District resident/employee/high school attendance history (e.g. utility bill, student loan statement, recent paystub with employer’s address, high school diploma, etc.)
Awards Ceremony Info
Nominees will be asked to participate in a public ceremony, held on a date and time to be announced (in April or May 2024), where they will receive their certificates, award, and have their photos taken with the Board. Photo waivers will need to be completed by the students prior to the ceremony. Click here to complete a photo release waiver. Once executed, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all awardees to attend.
Please direct any and all questions regarding this scholarship to email@example.com.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.