Grossmont Healthcare District will award two non-renewable scholarships for the Richard J. Bea Nursing Scholarship in the amount of $5,000 for first place and $3,000 for second place to be awarded to Registered Nursing students based on their community involvement.
- Must be a current resident or currently employed within the Grossmont Healthcare District for a minimum of one year (please include a copy of a recent bill or driver’s license for proof of address), or you must have graduated from a high school within the Grossmont Healthcare District.
- Shall have completed one successful year in a registered nursing program and provide evidence of current enrollment (any ACEN-approved RN program, formerly NLN).
- Must provide evidence of community volunteer work, not necessarily in the nursing field (volunteer work may be within either school or resident community).
- Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply.
- Shall include a 400-word essay titled “The Future of Nursing in My Community”.
- A letter of recommendation from a nursing instructor is required.
- A completed cover page must accompany your submission if application is not submitted online (see PDF linked below in “Application Forms”).
Note: The award is meant to encourage the development of nurses new to the profession. Therefore, the award is not available to ADN to BSN, diploma to BSN, MSN or NP programs. Any submission missing required information will not be eligible for review.
The 2020-2021 application period closed on February 12. Check back later this year for information on next year’s application cycle to apply online.