Grossmont Healthcare District awards TWO Registered Nursing (RN) candidates with the Richard J. Bea Community Service Scholarship in the amount of $7,500 (1st place) and $5,000 (2nd place) based on their community involvement.
Friday, December 1, 2023 – Friday, February 2, 2024
Applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship if at least one of the following apply:
- You are a current resident of the Grossmont Healthcare District (and have been so for a minimum of one year)
- You are a current employee who works for an organization within the District boundaries (for at least two years)
- OR you have previously graduated from a high school within the Grossmont Healthcare District
The following documentation will be requested in the form below:
- Proof of completion of one successful year in an accredited registered nursing program AND evidence of current enrollment (any ACEN-approved RN program, formerly NLN).
- Evidence of past or present community volunteer work, not necessarily in the nursing field (volunteer work may be within either school or resident community).
- An essay (no more than 500 words) titled “The Future Of Nursing In My Community” describing your interest in this field and how you hope to impact your community.
- One letter of recommendation from a nursing instructor.
Note: This award is meant to encourage the development of nurses with a passion for and history of community service. The award is not available to ADN to BSN, diploma to BSN/MSN/NP programs. All of the above must be met or the application will not be eligible for review.
Previous recipients of the Richard J. Bea scholarship are not eligible to reapply.
Winners will be selected and voted upon at the regular monthly Board of Directors meeting in either late February or early March. Winners will be contacted shortly thereafter and invited to attend the awards ceremony.
The following proof of eligibility documentation will be requested via email if selected for the scholarship (types of acceptable documents will be outlined in the email and are listed on Page 4 of the FY 23-24 Scholarship Policy):
- Proof of ID
- Document of District resident/employee/high school attendance history (e.g. utility bill, student loan statement, recent paystub with employer’s address, high school diploma, etc.)
Awards Ceremony Info
Nominees will be asked to participate in a public ceremony, held on a date and time to be announced (in April or May 2024), where they will receive their certificates, award, and have their photos taken with the Board. Photo waivers will need to be completed by the students prior to the ceremony. Click here to complete a photo release waiver. Once executed, email it to email@example.com. We encourage all awardees to attend.
Please direct any and all questions regarding this scholarship to firstname.lastname@example.org.