Grossmont Healthcare District will award two non-renewable scholarships for the Richard J. Bea Nursing Scholarship in the amount of $5,000 for first place and $3,000 for second place to be awarded to Registered Nursing students based on their community involvement. (Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply.)
- Must be current resident of the Grossmont Healthcare District (and have been so for a minimum of one year) – copy of ID/utility bill required; OR a graduate of a high school within the District (must be named in application).
- Must provide proof of completion of one successful year in a registered nursing program and provide evidence of current enrollment (any ACEN-approved RN program, formerly NLN).
- Must provide evidence of community volunteer work, not necessarily in the nursing field (volunteer work may be within either school or resident community).
- Must include a 400-word essay titled “The Future Of Nursing In My Community”.
- Must include a letter of recommendation from a nursing instructor.
- A completed cover page must accompany your submission – unless submitted online (cover page found here).
Note: This award is meant to encourage the development of nurses new to the profession. Therefore, the award is not available to ADN to BSN, diploma to BSN/MSN/ NP programs. All of the above must be met or application will not be eligible for review.
The 2021-2022 application period is now closed. A ceremony for the scholarship winners will be held on the May 20 Board Meeting.