Grossmont Healthcare District will award two non-renewable scholarships for the Richard J. Bea Nursing Scholarship in the amount of $5,000 for first place and $3,000 for second place to be awarded to Registered Nursing (RN) students based on their community involvement. (Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply and applicants are only allowed to apply to one of the four health scholarships listed).
- Must be a current resident (at least 1 year); current employee (at least 2 years); OR have previously graduated from a high school within the Grossmont Healthcare District. Proof of ID & eligibility is required. Click here to check your resident status.
- Must provide proof of completion of one successful year in a registered nursing program and provide evidence of current enrollment (any ACEN-approved RN program, formerly NLN).
- Must provide evidence of community volunteer work, not necessarily in the nursing field (volunteer work may be within either school or resident community).
- Must include an essay titled “The Future Of Nursing In My Community” (no more than 500 words).
- Must include a letter of recommendation from a nursing instructor.
Note: This award is meant to encourage the development of nurses new to the profession. Therefore, the award is not available to ADN to BSN, diploma to BSN/MSN/NP programs. All of the above must be met or the application will not be eligible for review.
Applications open: Thursday, December 1st, 2022
Deadline to submit: Friday, February 3rd, 2023
Committee Review: March 2023
Decision Date: April 21st, 2023 Board Meeting
Winners will be notified shortly after and be asked to attend an awards ceremony held at the Board Meeting on Friday, May 19th, 2023.