Grossmont Healthcare District will award two non-renewable scholarships for the Richard J. Bea Nursing Scholarship in the amount of $5,000 (1st place) and $3,000 (2nd place) to be awarded to Registered Nursing (RN) students based on their community involvement. (Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply and applicants are only allowed to apply to one of the four health scholarships listed on the main scholarships page).
- One of the following must apply for eligibility:
-Must be a current District resident (at least 1 year)
-Current District employee (at least 2 years)
-OR have previously graduated from a high school within the Grossmont Healthcare District
Proof of ID is required to confirm eligibility. Click here to check if you live, work, or attended school within the District boundaries.
- Must provide proof of completion of one successful year in a registered nursing program and provide evidence of current enrollment (any ACEN-approved RN program, formerly NLN).
- Must provide evidence of community volunteer work, not necessarily in the nursing field.
- Must include an essay titled “The Future Of Nursing In My Community” (no more than 500 words) describing your interest in this field and how you hope to impact your community.
- Must include a letter of recommendation from a nursing instructor.
Note: This award is meant to encourage the development of nurses new to the profession. Therefore, the award is not available to ADN to BSN, diploma to BSN/MSN/NP programs. All of the above must be met or the application will not be eligible for review.
Applications open: Thursday, December 1st, 2022
*Deadline extended: Due to low submissions, we are extending the deadline until end of day February 17th, 2023*
Committee Review: March 2023
Decision Date: April 21st, 2023 Board Meeting
Winners will be notified shortly after and be asked to attend an awards ceremony held at the Board Meeting on Friday, May 19th, 2023.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.