A Shared Responsibility
The Grossmont Healthcare District has a close relationship with Sharp HealthCare, although the District does not manage the business operations of Sharp Grossmont Hospital.
- A public agency.
- Owns Grossmont Hospital property and buildings on behalf of East County residents.
- Monitors Sharp’s services to patients and the community under the lease.
- Governed by a five member, publicly-elected board of directors who serve four year terms.
- A private non-profit corporation.
- Leases Grossmont Hospital from the District (lease expires in 2051).
- Operates the hospital as one of its several care facilities.
- Governed by a selected board of citizens.