Grossmont Healthcare District will award five scholarships for the Behavioral Health Scholarship in the amount of $5,000, to be awarded to students in a post-baccalaureate program (examples of eligible degrees are listed below). (Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply and applicants are only allowed to apply to one of the four health scholarships listed).
- Must be a current resident (at least 1 year); current employee (at least 2 years); OR have previously graduated from a high school within the Grossmont Healthcare District. Proof of ID & eligibility are required. Click here to check your residency status.
- Must provide evidence of acceptance or registration in a post-baccalaureate program (see eligible degrees below). Please contact us if your degree or field is not listed. Please also provide Faculty Advisor name, phone, and email.
- No debe proporcionar más de dos cartas de recomendación de referencias académicas o profesionales en entornos de atención médica.
- Must include an essay titled “Provide recommendations on the improvements you would make to better support behavioral health patients in the community and where do you see yourself in five years.” (no more than 500 words)
Nota: All of the above must be met or the application will not be eligible for review. This award is for individuals who are advancing their career in behavioral health by pursuing a graduate degree, as follows:
Examples of Eligible Degrees
- Maestría en Trabajo Social (MSW)
- Maestría (MS o MA) en un campo relacionado con la salud del comportamiento (psicología, psicología de consejería, terapia matrimonial o familiar, etc.).
- Doctor en Psicología (Psy.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in the field of psychology
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in nursing with a specialized focus on psychiatry
- Enfermera especializada en salud mental psiquiátrica (PMHNP)
* Comuníquese con nosotros si su título o campo no figura en la lista anterior.
Fecha límite de presentación
Aplicaciones abiertas: jueves, 1 de diciembre de 2022
Plazo para presentar: viernes, 3 de febrero de 2023
Revisión del comité: marzo 2023
Fecha de decisión: 21 de abril de 2023 Reunión de la Junta
Winners will be notified shortly after and be asked to attend an awards ceremony held at the Board Meeting on Friday, May 19th, 2023.