Grossmont Healthcare District will award five scholarships for the Health Tech Scholarship in the amount of $3,500, to be awarded to students in a health care related technical program (eligible occupations listed below). Only those previous scholarship recipients who are in a program longer than one year are eligible to reapply for consideration of one additional award. Otherwise, this scholarship is non-renewable.
1. Must be a current resident of the Grossmont Healthcare District (and have been so for a minimum of one year); OR must have graduated from a high school within the GHD. (ID/utility bill or name of high school must be provided.)
2. Must provide proof of registration in current school and course of instruction. (See eligible occupations below). Please contact us if your field is not listed. Please also provide Faculty Advisor name, phone and email.
3. Must include a 400-word essay titled “My Career: Where I Will Be Five Years From Now?”
4. Must include a letter of recommendation from a current instructor.
5. A completed cover page must accompany your submission – unless submitted online (see PDFs linked below).
• Anesthesiology Tech
• Cardiovascular Tech
• Disability Services Management
• Laboratory Tech
• Occupational Therapy Assistant
• Orthopedic Tech
• Pathology Tech
• Pharmacy Tech
• Respiratory Therapist
• Speech Therapy/Speech Language
• Telemetry/EKG Tech
*Please contact us if your health care occupation field isn’t listed above.
1. Total of five potential scholarships at $3,500 each.
2. Scholarships to be awarded based on merit of responses rather than a certain number of awards per occupation.
The electronic forms below are provided for your convenience. Please note that these forms do not need to be submitted if applicant submits materials through our online application process.
2020-2021 Health Tech Scholarship Application Cover Sheet
2020-2021 Health Tech Scholarship Criteria
When are the applications due? Forms must be received no later than Friday, February 12, 2021.
Unless submitting application online, submission materials should be delivered, mailed to the address below or emailed.
Grossmont Healthcare District
9001 Wakarusa St.
La Mesa, CA 91942
ATTN/Subject line: Health Tech Scholarships
For more information about the 2020-21 Health Tech Career Scholarship, contact the GHD offices or please call (619) 825-5050.