- This event has passed.
Healthier Living with Diabetes
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Thursday, repeating until February 11th, 2022
An Evidence-Based self-management program originally developed at Stanford University, now managed by the Self-Management Resource Center, designed for people with Type 2 Diabetes as well as their family members and caregivers. This program has been proven to achieve positive health outcomes and reduced health care expenditures. The program is led by two trained peer educators, who may also have diabetes.
- Techniques to deal with the symptoms of diabetes, fatigue, pain, hyper/hypoglycemia, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear, and frustration
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance
- Healthy eating
- Appropriate use of medication
- Working more effectively with health care providers
- Participants will make weekly action plans, share experiences, and help each other solve problems they encounter in creating and carrying out their self-management program.
Join us for the virtual Diabetes Self-Management Program (DSMP) Workshop! This interactive workshop meets 2.5 hours each week for six consecutive weeks on Zoom. The workshop is facilitated by two trained peer educators. Throughout the six weeks you will learn how to understand your blood sugar levels, manage stress and difficult emotions, talk with your doctor about your symptoms, exercise to take care of your health, and use visualization and positive thinking to relax. Register today!