- This event has passed.
Healthier Living with Chronic Conditions
An event every week that begins at 10:30 am on Monday, repeating until April 5, 2022
An Evidence-Based self-management program originally developed at Stanford University, now managed by the Self-Management Resource Center this program designed for people with chronic conditions as well as their family members and caregivers. Chronic conditions may include but are not limited to arthritis, depression, heart disease, diabetes, COPD, etc. This program has been proven to achieve positive health outcomes and reduced health care expenditures. The program is led by two trained peer educators, who may also have a chronic condition.
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain, and isolation
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- Decision making
- How to evaluate new treatments
Classes are 2 ½ hours, once a week for six weeks.
To Register: Call (619) 825-5010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org