Grossmont Healthcare District will award five scholarships for the Health Tech Scholarship in the amount of $3,500, to be awarded to students in a health care related technical program (eligible occupations listed below). Only those previous scholarship recipients who are in a program longer than one year are eligible to reapply for consideration of one additional award. Otherwise, this scholarship is non-renewable.
- Must be a current resident of the Grossmont Healthcare District (and have been so for a minimum of one year); OR must have graduated from a high school within the GHD. (ID/utility bill or name of high school must be provided.)
- Must provide proof of registration in current school and course of instruction. (See eligible occupations below). Please contact us if your field is not listed. Please also provide Faculty Advisor name, phone and email.
- Must include a 400-word essay titled “My Career: Where I Will Be Five Years From Now?”
- Must include a letter of recommendation from a current instructor.
- A completed cover page must accompany your submission – unless submitted online (see PDFs linked below).
- Anesthesiology Tech
- Cardiovascular Tech
- Disability Services Management
- Laboratory Tech
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Orthopedic Tech
- Pathology Tech
- Pharmacy Tech
- Respiratory Therapist
- Speech Therapy/Speech Language
- Telemetry/EKG Tech
- Other – Please contact us if your health care occupation field isn’t listed above.
1. Total of five potential scholarships at $3,500 each.
2. Scholarships to be awarded based on merit of responses rather than a certain number of awards per occupation.
The 2020-2021 application period closed on February 12. Check back later this year for information on next year’s application cycle to apply online.