Grossmont Healthcare District will consider five student scholarships for behavioral health professionals in the amount of $10,000 each as described below.
1. Must be a current resident or currently employed within the Grossmont Healthcare District for a minimum of one year (please include a copy of a recent bill or driver’s license for proof of address), or you must have graduated from a high school within the Grossmont Healthcare District.
2. Must provide evidence of acceptance or registration in a post-baccalaureate program (eligible degrees listed below).
3. No more than two letters of recommendation from academic or professional references in healthcare settings.
4. A completed cover page must accompany submission if application is not submitted online (see PDFs linked below in “Application Forms”).
Note: This award is for individuals who are advancing their career in behavioral health by pursuing a graduate degree, as follows:
• Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
• Master’s Degree (M.S. or M.A.) in a behavioral health-related field (psychology, counseling psychology, marriage or family therapy, etc).
• Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.)
• Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in a field of psychology
• Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in nursing with specialized focus on psychiatry
*Please contact us if your degree or field is not listed above.
The electronic forms below are provided for your convenience. Please note that these forms do not need to be submitted if applicant submits materials through our online application process.
2020-2021 Behavioral Health Scholarship Application Cover Sheet
2020-2021 Behavioral Health Scholarship Criteria
When are applications due? Forms must be received no later than Friday, February 12, 2021.
Unless submitting application online, applications should be delivered or mailed to the address below, or emailed.
Grossmont Healthcare District
9001 Wakarusa St., La Mesa, CA 91942
ATTN/Subject line: Behavioral Health Scholarship
For more information about the 2020 Behavioral Health Scholarship, contact the GHD offices or please call (619) 825-5050.