1. Must be a current resident of the Grossmont Healthcare District for a minimum of one year, (a current address must be provided), or a graduate of a high school within the District.
2. Shall have completed one successful year in a registered nursing program and provide evidence of current enrollment (any ACEN-approved RN program, formerly NLN).
3. Must provide evidence of community volunteer work, not necessarily in the nursing field (volunteer work may be within either school or resident community).
4. Shall include a 500-word essay titled “THE FUTURE OF NURSING IN MY COMMUNITY”.
5. A letter of recommendation from a nursing instructor is required.
6. Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply.
Note: The award is meant to encourage the development of nurses new to the profession. Therefore, the award is not available to ADN to BSN, diploma to BSN, MSN or NP programs. Any submission missing required information will not be eligible for review.