Grossmont Healthcare District will award two non-renewable scholarships for the Richard Bea RN Memorial Nursing Scholarship in the amount of $3,000 for first place and $1,500 for second place to be awarded to Registered Nursing students based on their community involvement.
1. Must be a current resident of the Grossmont Healthcare District for a minimum of one year, (a current address must be provided), or a graduate of a high school within the District.
2. Shall have completed one successful year in a registered nursing program and provide evidence of current enrollment (any ACEN-approved RN program, formerly NLN).
3. Must provide evidence of community volunteer work, not necessarily in the nursing field (volunteer work may be within either school or resident community).
4. Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply.
5. Shall include a 500-word essay titled “THE FUTURE OF NURSING IN MY COMMUNITY”.
6. A letter of recommendation from a nursing instructor is required.
7. A completed cover page must accompany your submission (see link above).
Note: The award is meant to encourage the development of nurses new to the profession. Therefore, the award is not available to ADN to BSN, diploma to BSN, MSN or NP programs. Any submission missing required information will not be eligible for review.
When are applications due? Forms must be received no later than Friday, February 8, 2019, at 3:00p.m.
Unless submitting application online, applications should be delivered or mailed to the address below, or emailed to info -at- grossmonthealthcare -dot- org.
Grossmont Healthcare District
c/o Vickie Bradeen
9001 Wakarusa St.
La Mesa, CA 91942
ATTN/Subject line: Bea Scholarships
For more information about the 2019 Richard J. Bea Nursing Scholarship, contact the GHD offices at info -at- grossmonthealthcare -dot- org or please call (619) 825-5050.