All Board committees, whether standing or special (ad hoc) shall be appointed by the President. There shall be ten (10) standing committees consisting of five Tier I and five Tier II committees. The President shall appoint each member to two Tier I committees and two Tier II committees. Each member shall be designated the chairperson of one Tier I committee and one Tier II committee. No Tier I committee shall consist of the same two members in consecutive years and no member may serve more than two consecutive years on any Tier I committee. Except that the Board, by a four-fifths majority vote, may appoint any member of the Board to a standing committee.
Standing committees shall meet periodically to review reports from staff, legal counsel, and consultants relating to the particular subject matter of the committee. There shall be the following standing committees:
Tier 1 Committees
- Community Grants and Sponsorships. This committee shall be responsible for overseeing the award of financial assistance to community based nonprofit and governmental organizations and for monitoring the fiscal performance of the grantee and its delivery of services to the intended recipients. Subject to the reasonable approval of the District Board, Grossmont Hospital Corporation shall designate a representative who shall be entitled to participate on the committee as a non-voting member.
- Finance/Audit. This committee shall be responsible for review of budgetary and financial matters related to the District including the annual audit.
- Investment. This committee shall be responsible for review of the District investments and appraisal of market conditions relating to prudent investment of District funds.
- Facilities. This committee shall be responsible for periodic inspection of District owned facilities to ensure compliance with the terms of the lease and for review and consideration of real estate matters.
- General Obligation Bond. This committee makes recommendations relating to the allocation of bond proceeds to the full Board and coordinates with the Independent Citizens Bond Oversight Committee, including monitoring the use of the bond proceeds in compliance with indentures.
Tier 2 Committees
- Library Operations. This committee reviews the operations of the Herrick Healthcare Community Library, including special events, planned acquisitions, employment matters, and website.
- Policies and Procedures. This committee reviews and updates the District Bylaws and Policies & Procedures.
- Public Relations & Outreach. This committee shall be responsible for promoting health oriented activities including health fairs and other community functions.
- Government & Legislative Relations. This committee monitors legislation affecting special districts and health care, as well as develops cooperative relationships and partnering opportunities with other government entities within the District including but not limited to the county, local cities, water districts, school districts and college district.
- Legal/Strategic & Risk Management. This committee monitors legal matters which affect Grossmont Hospital and the District, as well as monitors and makes recommendations regarding the status of the District’s Strategic & Risk Management Plan.
Special committees may be appointed by the President for special tasks as circumstances warrant, and upon completion of the task for which appointed such special committee shall stand discharged.