The Grossmont Healthcare District Board of Directors are appointed annually to serve on standing committees, which meet periodically to review reports from staff, legal counsel, and consultants relating to the particular subject matter of the committee. The following standing committees are outlined in District bylaws and meet on a regular basis:
- Community Grants and Sponsorships. Responsible for reviewing award of financial assistance to nonprofit, health-related organizations.
- Facilities. Period inspection of District owned facilities and review of real estate matters. Recommendations regarding any construction-related General Obligation Bond issues pertaining to Proposition G.
- Finance/Audit. Responsible for review of budgetary and financial matters related to the District including the annual audit.
- Government, Legal & Legislative Relations. Monitor legislation; develop cooperative relationships and partnering opportunities with other government entities within the District. Monitor legal matters that affect Grossmont Hospital and District.
- Investment. Responsible for review of District investments and appraisal of market conditions relating to investment of funds.
- Leadership & Evaluation. Evaluation process involving the Executive Director and any consultants hired by the Board.
- Library Operations. Responsible for reviewing operations of District’s consumer health information library (Herrick Library); Library Director to provide quarterly reports to the Board.
- Policies and Procedures. This committee reviews and updates the District Bylaws and Policies & Procedures.
- Public Relations & Outreach. Responsible for organizing and promoting health oriented activities, including health fairs and other community functions.
- Risk Management. Monitor and make recommendations regarding management of District risks.
- Strategic Plan. Monitor and make recommendations regarding the status of the District Strategic Plan.
Special committees may be appointed by the President for special tasks as circumstances warrant, and upon completion of the task for which appointed such special committee shall stand discharged.